Monday, May 27, 2013

my heart is full.

It's incredible what the heart is capable of feeling.  Whether the emotions are positive or negative, uplifting or caused by hurt, I am amazed by the wide range of feelings I have experienced recently.  The past week has involved numerous circumstances that brought on different emotions. 

First of all, a very full, busy week of school can be stressful to say the least.  Studying, writing papers and taking tests are not at the top of my list of things I'd like to do but sometimes we have to make things that we don't really enjoy doing a priority in our schedule.  This week felt very overwhelming with my to do list jam packed and not a huge desire to be motivated.  As it has helped me throughout the last few years, the "one day at a time" approach got me through my busy week. 

This week I also had a doctors visit in hopes of figuring out why some lymph nodes are swollen on my head.  This was the 5th doctor I'd seen for the same issue so my heart was anxiously awaiting to hear what this one had to say.  It's uncomfortable when something physical is occurring for unknown reasons.  It was nice to hear that the doctor is not concerned but I still had a biopsy done and it has been a roller coaster of emotions.  I'm glad to know the doctor isn't worried and I am reminded that this world and body are flawed and temporary.  Regardless, God is good and I am blessed!

On Friday morning, Amanda and I decided to drive home for a quick visit this weekend to surprise our families.  Gabbi turned 15 on Saturday so I was especially excited to surprise her!  A wave of a emotions came over me as I approached my house and walked up to the door.  Seeing friendly faces who were thrilled to welcome me was a great feeling, so exciting!

Lastly, and most important to me, I am always awestruck by my heart's ability to love and feel loved.  Whether it is family, friends, acquaintances, or a special someone, my heart overflows with love because of the relationships I have been blessed to have in my life.  My favorite days are those spent with people who help my heart grow, heal, and feel content and challenged.  God continually surprises me with the capacity he gives me to care about a person and view them as He does...so beautiful and important. 

As I start this next week and reflect on the last, I am reminded that the moments that count are those spent with the people I love most.  I never know what situations I will face or what emotions will arise, but I'm learning to just take them as they come, embrace them, and learn from them!  I am one blessed girl.  

Here's to a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Morgan I hope your biopsy comes back negative,but even if there was something,remember God is in control. I will pray for your health and that you do well on your exams.

    ReplyDelete