Thursday, May 9, 2013

let's give this a go!

Hello friends!

I've been spending a lot of time these days in thought about the things going on around me and in my life specifically.  I have always been taught that writing things down can help sort out and process them so I decided this could be a good tool for that--not to mention it can let you into my head and heart a little bit too! 

One of the things that makes my heart smile the most is having the opportunity to help others, listen to their stories, brighten their day, etc.  I decided to name my blog "let me lend a Hand" because that's what I hope I can do.  Even if you can't relate to every part of my writing I hope it can at least lend a hand toward making your day a bit better or possibly allow you to gain a different perspective.  (and of course, the phrase is a play on my last name!)

A big lesson I have been learning recently has to do with being aware of the people around me.  Everywhere there are people, you will find hearts, stories, and situations that are unspoken.  I have been challenged lately to pause long enough to consider that behind every face I see there are so many things I don't know.  Trials, successes, mistakes, dreams that have brought the individual to the place they are today.  It is easy to become consumed by the test I have next week, the application I need to get turned in, the hurt I have in my heart, etc, and fail to think about what may or may not be occurring in someone else's life. 

This week has been a wonderful and humbling one because of the numerous chats over coffee, during which I have been privileged enough to get a glimpse of such beautiful hearts.  There is no way I would rather spend my time!  I believe that God is always at work around me and I have a renewed desire to see that work and join in and be part of it.  These are exciting days...some more difficult than others...but exciting nonetheless and I am determined to see good in the midst of every situation, every day.  This blog thing is new to me but I'm hoping to keep it up and give it a go!  I may be hit and miss and no promises that it will be happy and sunshiny all the time, but I hope you will journey with me!

In Him,
Morgan

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree! It'll be awesome to see somebody's perspective on college!

    ReplyDelete