Sunday, May 19, 2013

trust without borders

Today in church we sang a song that is fairly new to me called Oceans by Hillsong United.  The lyrics are so very rich and give a lot to think about.  I thought since it is Sunday, I would share a bit of what is going on in my heart today.

Having a sister who is musical, I have come to understand the different parts of a song.  The bridge of this one is my favorite part!  Here are the lyrics.

"Spirit lead me where my trust is without borders.
Let me walk upon the waters,
wherever you may call me.
Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander
and my faith will be made stronger
in the presence of my Savior."

Today I realized that to read, speak, sing those words is a big deal.  To ask God to lead you to a place where your "trust is without borders"....to pray that God will truly lead you to where he is calling.  It is a beautifully terrifying decision to make.  It's a choice to everyday recognize you are alive for a reason and it is up to you if you decide to see the opportunities around or pass them by.

I have numerous challenges in my life that I face each day and I'm realizing the power I have in choosing the method to approach them.  Today I was reminded that to ask God to lead me and take me deeper won't be the easy route.  It is the challenging path that requires faith and perseverance and courage.  It also takes patience and trust.  Even though it includes going through storms, God reminded me that in those storms He can help me walk upon the waters in the midst of it all.  Through the wind and waves and calm moments too, my faith can be strengthened. 

In a conversation today I was describing the impact some of life's circumstances have had on me.  After talking about how difficult some of it has been to walk through, I concluded that I have been incredibly blessed.  It seems so backwards but in hindsight I have learned an immeasurable amount of lessons and I have grown.  I could have been very negatively influenced by the hardships but somehow I have been bettered by them.  The lyrics in the song today fit together with that idea.  Even though its not always a smooth ride, when we allow God to be in control we are bettered by the storms and get to amazing experience things (like walking on water maybe?)

In my heart this day, I choose to accept the challenge of allowing God to lead me and take me deeper to a place where my trust is without borders.  The ride may be bumpy, but it is so worth it!

In Him,
Morgan



No comments:

Post a Comment